I just love homemade Rice Krispie Treats! They are so much better than the store bought kind in the blue wrapper. These are soft, yet crispy, a little gooey (from the real butter) and perfectly sweet. Plus, you can whip up a batch faster than you could drive to the store to buy a box of them. Since Valentine’s Day is coming up, I wanted to make them a little special, so I broke out the cupid sprinkles and heart-shaped cookie cutter. A little almond bark helps keep the sprinkles in place. Here’s how I made them:
Valentine Frosted Rice Krispie Treats
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
3 tablespoons butter
Non-stick cooking spray
6 oz. almond bark
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan and a rubber spatula with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and marshmallows for 2-3 minutes, until the marshmallows are melted. Be sure to stir after 2 minutes, then add more time, if needed.
- Add the Rice Krispies to the marshmallow mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Press the mixture into your pan and allow it to cool to slightly warmer than room temperature.
- Flip the Rice Krispie Treats onto wax paper or aluminum foil and cut them with your cookie cutter, or into 2-inch squares.
- Melt the almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spread the melted almond bark onto the Rice Krispie Treats and top with sprinkles.
Hope you enjoy!